Why Do I Need Water Softening?
What is Water Softening?
Hard water has a high mineral content and primarily indicates high levels of Calcium and Magnesium in your water. South Elgin, IL groundwater comes from 10 wells, and the water collects minerals from the Earth through which it travels. These minerals leave deposits behind as they travel through your water fixtures and onto your dishes, laundry, and body.
Water softening is the process by which a water softener removes minerals from the water, typically through a process called ion exchange. The mineral particles are positively charged, and these particles stick to resin beads within the water softening system, letting softer water continue to its place of use.
Water softening systems are typically kept out of sight and require very little maintenance. They are a modern convenience that many people find essential once they have experienced life without hard water.
Why Do You Need Water Softening?
People often don’t know they need water softening because they think the effects of hard water are inevitable. This is not true. You don’t have to deal with the dulling and scaly effects of mineral deposits. A water softening system for your South Elgin, IL residence is necessary for many reasons, including:
- Brighter laundry: Clothes look brighter, feel softer, and last longer when you have water softening. You’ll use less detergent and fabric softener too.
- Efficient appliances: Minerals build up in the plumbing and make your appliances less efficient. If you want your washer and dishwasher to last longer, invest in water softening.
- Smoother skin: Mineral exposure can dry out your skin, and hard water does not effectively remove soap. You’ll have smoother, moist, clean skin with softer water.
- Cleaner hair: Like the skin, the hair becomes dry and brittle when consistently exposed to hard water. Additionally, hair washed in hard water might not get as clean and will likely endure soap buildup. Water softeners eliminate this problem.
- Clear windows: One of the biggest complaints for people living in homes with hard water is the spots on the windows. Calcium deposits don’t come off without some specialized products and elbow grease. With a water softener, you won’t have these deposits.
- Spot-free dishes: Second to window complaints is disgruntlement about spotted dishes from hard water. You might be surprised to know that you don’t need salt or a rinse aid in your dishwasher if you have a water softener.
- Better coffee: Hard water builds up in your coffeemaker, but it can also change the flavor of this beloved breakfast beverage. Keep your coffee from unwanted bitterness by removing water hardness.
Water Softening Improves Quality of Life
While hard water is not generally considered to be a health hazard, water softening can have a positive impact on quality of life. If you are considering a water softening system for your South Elgin, IL residence, contact a water softener specialist to find out more benefits of eliminating hard water from your home.
We can help you with your water softening needs in South Elgin, IL. Call us today: 1-630-864-7078.